Kambakkht Ishq, Kambakkht Movie - Review

Kambakkht Ishq Movie Review:

It's 2:15 am, I've just returned after watching the 11 pm show of Kambakkht Ishq movie and I had to switch on my computer to pour my heart out. No, I'm not sleepy... I'm in a state of shock wondering how can I take such a horrible decision... Kambakkht mera decision to watch this movie!

When the first boring song (of course, I don't even remember what song it was) started within 15 minutes of the movie, I should have realized. When the 2nd boring song started after another 30 minutes, I should have realized. But I believe I'm being too optimistic these days.

Here’s the movie synopsis: A man and a woman hate each other. Then they realize they actually love each other. They live happily ever after. We don’t.

Acting is poor. Story too is poor… oops can it be called a story? Whatever happened to Kareena Kapoor after Jab We Met! By the way, the official website says Kareena Kapoor is playing the role of a ‘supermodel’ in Kambakkht Ishq. No she isn’t. She’s a doctor and does occasional modeling / roles in films to earn some money.

Akshay Kumar is okay and typical. He has been much better in his earlier films. Of course, he looks as fit as ever, but who cares when the movie is sick.

Javed Jaffrey appears after a few scenes giving us some respite, but then he actually has no role in the movie except ensuring that we don’t go to sleep.

I have no idea if this was Sylvester Stallone’s first appearance in a Bollywood movie, but if it was I hope he doesn’t find out that Kambakkht Ishq is a flop.

My rating of Kambakkht Ishq: 1 out of 5 (1 because of some stunts, Sylvester Stallone and a couple of times we laughed thanks to Javed)

Should you watch Kambakkht Ishq in a theatre: Hell no

What a waste: Rs 350 for 2 tickets, Rs 100 for overpriced soft drinks, Rs 70 on rickshaws, almost 3 hours and the start of a weekend… all were wasted.

Filmmakers wake up. The janta is already hit by recession, don’t torture it by such movies.

1 comment:

Keyur Seta said...

The review speaks volumes about your reaction. My instinct warned me to keep away from the movie when I first saw its promo. I am so glad I avoided it.

Anyways, well expressed.

Regards,

Keyur :)